Saw an old rerun of Star Trek Enterprise the other night. About 2AM - on some out-of-town cable channel.
Not talking about the content of the Enterprise episode itself - only the Theme Song, "Faith of the Heart," sung by a fellow named Russell Watson -
"It's Been A Long Time, Getting from There to Here. It's Been a Long, Time . . . But My Time is Finally Near . . ."
2010 was a Crazy Year for me, my Chicago Real Estate Team, and my family.
- A somewhat-resurgent year for us in terms of Real Estate revenue, despite the Chicago Real Estate Market continuing downward!
- A re-committed Team, with a New Attitude, and Refined Goals!
- A successful recovery, from the brink of financial near-disaster!
- An incredible opportunity to Train and Mentor Others, as a new Associate Trainer for my Mentor Floyd Wickman, and his outstanding Team!
- And, thanks to the magic of Facebook and other Social Media, made important re-connections past friends and co-workers. Indeed, these re-established connections have made an important, completely unexpected impact on my business, and my personal life!
Last year, for days - no, weeks - I would sit back taking it all in. Fearful of the changes. Taking them all in, and, at times, being paralyzed by the negative side. The pain of the uncertainty.
There were times, I now admit, it was difficult to focus on the positive. Namely, how my experiences handling adversity have brought me renewed strength to stand up to new adversities to undoubtedly come.
But, indeed, I have come to realize that ANY OF US can survive the tough times. All you need is the gumption, the resilience, the persistence- and the Faith - to stay the course, keep your standards high, and work hard, sometimes what seems to be unbearably hard, toward your goals.
I started my career as a Real Estate Practitioner 17 years ago. Our Team has enjoyed the sweet taste of success during the good times, and the more bitter pill of the handling fewer, and far more difficult, transactions, in recent months.
But . . . WE'RE STILL HERE! A bit tattered, but STILL HERE, while others have failed, and floundered, and fallen off the wagon!
Surviving adversity has given us the optimism to press onward. And the courage to plan for success that often follows what often seems like failure.
Indeed, what hasn't killed us, has made us stronger. Better! Far more skillful! And more prepared.
As I sit here - on 1-1-11 - I feel more empowered than I have for a long while - a couple of years, at least.
Because I have Faith of the Heart!
Indeed, "My Time is Finally Near!"
C'mon . . . let us know!
Visit our Chicago Real Estate Blog via BlogChicagoHomes.com.
DEAN MOSS & DEAN'S TEAM CHICAGO